[ZODB-Dev] APE 0.8 & 0.81 Not Working with Zope 2.7 and Wi ndows Service

J.Y.Lee at tw.ul.com J.Y.Lee at tw.ul.com
Tue Jul 6 01:57:43 EDT 2004

Hi Michael,

I had added a line in pythonservice.py:

os.environ['PYTHONPATH'] = SOFTWARE_HOME

from past zope-dev email. It works fine as Window service.

The one suggested by you:

os.putenv('PYTHONPATH', r'%s\lib\python' % INSTANCE_HOME)

is working fine also.

The problem is:

Without Ape, I can run zope in either way, CMD batch file or window
service. When I added APE in product directory and the file system part in
zope.conf, only CMD batch file (runzope.bat) is OK. The window service
dies no matter how you change the settings.

> J Y Lee wrote:
>  > Platform: Python 2.3.3, Zope 2.7.0 (using different installation of
> python
>  > 2.3.3), plone 2.03, Ape 0.81, Windows 2000 service pack 3.
>  >
>  > Problem:
>  >
>  > Ape works perfectly with the above (and inside plone) by invoking
>  runzope.bat
>  > in Windows DOS CMD window. However, when I try to run zope as
> service in
>  > Window 2000, it failed. (By removing the APE configuration from
> zope.conf,
>  > it works fine as window service.)

I have seen similar behaviour when writing my own zope.conf extensions.
See http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1408

Michael

http://www.zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/

-- For more information about UL, its Marks, and its services for
EMC, quality registrations and product certifications for global
markets, please access our web sites at http://www.ul.com and
http://www.ul-asia.com, or contact your local sales representative. --

*********  Internet E-mail Confidentiality Disclaimer  **********

This e-mail message may contain privileged or confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not
disclose, use, disseminate, distribute, copy or rely upon this
message or attachment in any way.  If you received this e-mail
message in error, please return by forwarding the message and
its attachments to the sender.

Underwriters Laboratories Inc. and its affiliates do
not accept liability for any errors, omissions, corruption
or virus in the contents of this message or any attachments that
arise as a result of e-mail transmission.