[ZODB-Dev] APE 0.8 & 0.81 Not Working with Zope 2.7 and Wi ndows Service

Michael Dunstan michael at looma.co.nz
Tue Jul 6 04:45:55 EDT 2004

On 6/07/2004, at 5:57 PM, J.Y.Lee at tw.ul.com wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> I had added a line in pythonservice.py:
>
> os.environ['PYTHONPATH'] = SOFTWARE_HOME
>
> from past zope-dev email. It works fine as Window service.
>
> The one suggested by you:
>
> os.putenv('PYTHONPATH', r'%s\lib\python' % INSTANCE_HOME)

oops - in my case the extension was not defined in a product. Rather it
was a python package in INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python. In your case I'm
guessing you want something like:

     os.putenv('PYTHONPATH', INSTANCE_HOME)

And perhaps you might need to throw in an empty __init__.py in your
INSTANCE_HOME or in INSTANCE_HOME/Products to get that to work? Not
sure about that.

Michael