[ZODB-Dev] savepoint bug

Christian Robottom Reis kiko at async.com.br
Thu Jul 15 16:17:21 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 01:00:55PM -0700, Edward Moy wrote:
> Another wish-list feature would be the ability to have multiple "views"
> of the same database.  It would be incredibly useful to me if each view
> could be modified separately, and each rolled back with savepoints,
> even if no view could be committed.

If I understand your request, thanks to Shane we have this today. If
you call connection.setLocalTransaction() (or the 3.3-HEAD equivalent)
you can open multiple connections (via multiple db.open() calls) and do
completely separate transactions in each connection.

This means that you can have, in-process, without threads, multiple
parallel changes being evaluated at once, and choose whether to commit
one, some or none. Of course, you are still subject to conflicting in
the case of changing shared resources. Nevertheless, this was a killer
feature for our GUI appliciation.

Take care,
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3361 2331