[ZODB-Dev] Re: Can't pack ZODB anymore

shan sverige aku at europe.com
Tue Jul 27 16:43:58 EDT 2004

> [shan sverige]
> > When I try to pack I get:
> >
> >    Error Value: /usr/local/Zope-2.7.0/var/Data.fs:31906881:time-stamp
> >    reduction: 03537a82059cf1cc <= 0355bcc95b5ace33
>
> Ouch.  Looks like the system clock on your machine got set backwards by
> about 3 months at some point:

> 2004-03-02 17:38:01.315562
> 2004-06-12 12:57:21.411260
> >>>

> Then you got bit by this:
>
>     http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1327
>
> While no distinct ZODB release was made to correspond with Zope 2.7.2, that
> bug should be fixed in Zope 2.7.2.  It's still a panic-level problem if the
> clock is seen to go backwards by that much, but at least a panic message
> will get logged about it now, and FileStorage will force transaction ids to
> be monotonically increasing anyway now.
>
> In any case, packing isn't an error recovery procedure.  Run the diagnostic
> scripts explained here, and start making backups (also explained here):
>
>     http://zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/FileStorageBackup
>
> > After running fsrecover.py the resulting Data.fs can't be mounted. I now
> > get:
> >
> >    ZODB.POSException.ConflictError: database conflict error
>
> Sorry, but I bet you have multiple problems in your database now, and
> probably stemming from whatever went wrong with your system that caused your
> clock to go insane.  This could be difficult to recover from.  Running
> fstest and fsrefs (explained on the page linked to above) will help
> determine the extent of the damage.

running 'fstest -v' gives only 1 error:
time-stamp reduction at 31906881: 0x03537a82059cf1cc <= 0x0355bcc95b5ace33

running fsrefs doesn't work:Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "fsrefs.py", line 68, in ?
    from ZODB.FileStorage import FileStorage
ImportError: No module named ZODB.FileStorage

Is there really no way to get this resolved, i.e. a dump/reload  ?

shan