[ZODB-Dev] conflict resolution for PersistentList

Diez Roggisch d.roggisch at ehotel.de
Tue May 25 13:32:32 EDT 2004

> That part we don't know about.  I'm not sure anyone understands what Diez
> is really doing (we've seen little actual code here!), but he earlier said
> something that suggested he was building his own tree structure, with
> persistent lists as the leaf nodes.

Yup, I do - the list was used for "automated" primary key generation.

The code will follow tomorrow, as I'm not working today.

> > Try to use btrees. BTrees have conflict resolution
> > and not the whole "list" needs to be stored if it gets
> > changed.
>
> Sounds like good advice to me, but it was given before without visible
> consequence so far.

It was? In my first post I asked:

<cite>
first of all I wonder that this is not detected and a ConflictError is raised.
And second, I'd like to know what the comonly used idiom for such a case is -
are PersistenMappings with keys generated from a synchronized sequence better
suited, or whatelse can I do?
</cite>

The hidden conflict was my faulty exception handler - thats fixed already.

Maybe I missed it, but that question about a different idiom hasn't been
answered so far by suggesting to use a *BTree - except from Thomas today, and
as I said before, today I'm not at work.

But I'm happy to try a Tree of course, after all I'm interested in a solution
- not in using persistent lists at all costs :)

Regards,

Diez