[ZODB-Dev] ConflictErrors that keep coming up

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Mar 17 06:38:21 EST 2005

Hi,

I have a zeo client that pumps data into a ZODB It has some rudimentary
ConflictError handling (put the thing back in the queue and try it again)

Unfortunately, the customer changed some things through another client,
so the data pump ended up getting a load of conflict errors. The bizarre
thing is that these kept on recurring and items in the queue were
continuously retried about 200,000 times over the course of 24 hrs
before I intervened, even though the customer had made no further changes.

Is ther something I need to do in the data pump to "reset" the
conflicting objects so they won't conflict again?

I have to admit to never having experienced this before, even though
this code HAS ahd to dea lwith ConflictErrors before...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk