[ZODB-Dev] ConflictErrors that keep coming up

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Thu Mar 17 09:25:55 EST 2005

Chris Withers  <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> I have a zeo client that pumps data into a ZODB It has some rudimentary
> ConflictError handling (put the thing back in the queue and try it again)
>
> Unfortunately, the customer changed some things through another client,
> so the data pump ended up getting a load of conflict errors. The bizarre
> thing is that these kept on recurring and items in the queue were
> continuously retried about 200,000 times over the course of 24 hrs
> before I intervened, even though the customer had made no further changes.
>
> Is ther something I need to do in the data pump to "reset" the
> conflicting objects so they won't conflict again?

You have to call _p_jar.sync() (sync the connection) between
transactions before restarting, to see changes made by other connection.

I had to do this explicitely when moving from Zope 2.6 to 2.7 for a
customer; apparently this used to be automatic when new transactions
started in Zope 2.6, but not anymore.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com