[ZODB-Dev] Re: POSKeyError

Bob Horvath zodb at horvath.com
Sat Mar 26 13:31:26 EST 2005

Dieter Maurer wrote:

>Bob Horvath wrote at 2005-3-24 18:20 -0600:

>>>You determine with "fsrefs" the parent(s) (!) of the missing objects.
>>>You fix the parent(s) (HowTo for how to do the fix in simple
>>>situations; do not know where - search for it).
>>>

>>The two resources I am aware of (other than the code) are...
>>
>>http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/995917956/1054240694
>>http://zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/FileStorageBackup
>>
>>Is the solution for simple situations that you mention the first one?
>>

>Maybe...
>
>Did you read it? Does it help you?

It has helped me understand the problem, but not yet solve it.  That is
why I occasionally show up here hoping I can learn something more.  I am
guessing the only way out of this is to invest a lot of time to read the
code and try to understand the structure of the file.  If there are any
other resources that might help, I appreciate pointers to them.

I fear it will be a long time until I am able to do this, and that my
sites will break at some point.  I know my Data.fs is getting huge
because I am afraid to make matters worse by packing it.