[ZODB-Dev] PyCon ZODB sprint progress

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Tue Mar 29 08:40:17 EST 2005

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 27.03.2005, 20:00 -0500 schrieb Tim Peters:
> We did 4 days of ZODB sprinting at PyCon 2005, from Saturday thru Tuesday,
> March 19-22.  It was great, except for Christian Theune reminding me how old
> I am just by being himself <wink>.

Thanks for hosting those 4 days of ZODB sprinting, Tim. And you reminded
me how much there still is around for me to learn from. This has been a
really great experience for me.

> All work was done against ZODB 3.4 (current ZODB trunk in SVN).  Progress
> was made on blob support, database iteration, multi-databases, adding
> interfaces, and deprecating the __builtin__.get_transaction
> monkey-patch/hack.  Brief progress reports and related links are here:
>
>     http://www.python.org/moin/ZodbSprint/
>
> This was a lot of fun, and very productive.  I certainly hope we can do this
> again!

If old europe might be attractive, the German Zope Users Group will have
a conference and sprints in September. I'd love to keep on working on
ZODB.

Cheers,
Christian

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - schalaunische str. 6 - 06366 koethen - germany
www.gocept.com - ct at gocept.com - phone +49 3496 30 99 112 -