[ZODB-Dev] ZODB: invalidations out of order

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Tue Sep 21 10:00:11 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> 3.8.6 is available now with this bug fix and a few others.

Note that the BTrees 32bit bug fix (OverflowError to TypeError) also
needs some adjustments in Zope2 (IIRC in the DateIndex code) and some
add-ons (like CMFEditions). So it's not straightforward to use this in
older Plone versions. Personally I used 3.8.4 in all Plone 3 versions
with blobs. We've run this combination on large data sets without any
problems and I know of quite a number of other Plone companies having
done the same.

> I'm uncomfortable with with people using 3.8 with blobs in production.
> I'm going to spend some time today seeing if I can add back enough
> version api (as opposed to support :) in 3.9 to make it work with
> Zope 2.10.

That's a very noble goal :)

Hanno