[ZODB-Dev] ZODB: invalidations out of order

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Tue Sep 21 11:16:24 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Hanno Schlichting <hanno at hannosch.eu> wrote:
>> Note that the BTrees 32bit bug fix (OverflowError to TypeError) also
>> needs some adjustments in Zope2 (IIRC in the DateIndex code) and some
>> add-ons (like CMFEditions). So it's not straightforward to use this in
>> older Plone versions.
>
> AFAIK, this fix doesn't convert overflow errors to type errors. It
> simply raises
> type errors in situations where data were simply stored incorrectly before.
> I'm surprised that this would cause problems.

It was changes like this one
http://svn.zope.org/Zope/trunk/src/Products/PluginIndexes/DateIndex/DateIndex.py?rev=115442&r1=115279&r2=115442

> BTW, if there a standard way to get Zope 2.10 to use a version of
> ZODB other than the one that ships with it?

It's all just a PYTHONPATH in the end. So if you put something on the
path by the name of ZODB first, then the one in the software home
inside Zope2 won't be loaded.

Hanno