[ZODB-Dev] RelStorage - How can I set up one database per web site?

Darryl Dixon - Winterhouse Consulting darryl.dixon at winterhouseconsulting.com
Wed Oct 12 08:05:42 UTC 2011

Hi Ricardo,

> Hi all,
[...snip...]

> However, I'm not being able to find - in that tutorial or elsewhere -
> information that explains how can I set up one Plone / ZODB database
> for each web site when using RelStorage, in a similar way to having
> one "Data.fs" per web site when using FileStorage:

In essence, it is exactly the same - just that everywhere that you would
normally use a <filestorage> section in your zope.conf you instead use a
<relstorage> section. When using RelStorage with Oracle, for example, each
<relstorage> section uses a different username/schema and commit-lock-id.
I can't comment on MySQL but I imagine it would be largely the same.

It really is that straightforward,

Hope this helps,

Darryl Dixon
Winterhouse Consulting Ltd