[ZODB-Dev] ZODB on ironPython?!

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Oct 26 17:34:58 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Tamer Higazi <th982a at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hey Jim!
> Hey just cool down.

/me cools down

> I love the ZODB database, and this toy is just
> beautiful. I iam willing to offer myself to support you porting the
> database in pure python, if you need volunteers.

Thanks.  I'll keep that in mind.

> I really didn't mean, to come anybody stupid.

I hope you don't mind me playfully amplifying your !s. :)

> I am just thinking porting
> a customer project from python to iron-python where ZODB plays a role.

If this is a customer project, I'd recommend dropping either
iron python or ZODB at this stage.

> Is there much work to do?!

Not sure. I suspect not.  Tres created a Python implementation of
persistence and timestamp.   I've got a BTrees patch to review.

Keep in mind that these will run a lot slower than what you're used to.
If a performance is an issue, you may find yourself wanting to write
c# versions of these.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton