[ZODB-Dev] Cache warm up time

Roché Compaan roche at upfrontsystems.co.za
Thu Mar 7 18:54:28 UTC 2013

We have a setup that is running just fine when the caches are warm but
it takes several minutes after a restart before the cache warms up.
As per usual, big catalog indexes seem to be the problem.

I was wondering about two things. Firstly, in 2011 in this thread
https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zodb-dev/2011-October/014398.html
about zeo.memcache, Shane said that he could adapt the caching code in
RelStorage for ZEO. Shane do you still plan to do this? Do you think
an instance can restart without having to reload most objects into the
cache?

Secondly, I was wondering to what extent using persistent caches can
improve cache warm up time and if persistent caches are usable or not,
given that at various times in the past, it was recommended that one
try and avoid them.

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                   http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za