[Zope-Annce] ProductView 0.1.0 released

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 13:35:38 -0500

Hello everyone,

This little product allows you to view the files of the installed Python
Products via the Zope interface. The idea for this product came originally
from Joachim Werner.

Yes, you might say: "Well I can do this with LocalFS too". I agree (and I
copied some code from LocalFS ;) ), but this Product is still a little bit
more userfriendly and also implements the different files using some
standard Zope Objects. Well, I wrote a small Wrapper around them to allow
for saving to the File System.

In future release I want to parse the Python Files and also have a Class
Tree very similar to ZClasses. Then I want to incorporate Erik Enge's
MakeProduct code, so you can add and edit new classes directly from Zope.
Using the Refresh Product (from 2.4.0 in the core), you can then develop
Python Products without having to use the File System and restarting Zope.

If you have any ideas or want to help, please feel free to contact me under
srichter@cbu.edu

Regards,
Stephan

--