[Zope-Annce] New OrderedFolder and ZBabel releases

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 13:48:37 -0500

Hello everyone,

since I am writing announcements now, I also wanted to let you know that
there are new releases of OrderedFolder and ZBabel.

OrderedFolder 0.4: Florent Guillaume (Nuxeo) found a bug in the patched
_setObject() method. This release really should be 0.3.1, but I thought
about it too late. If there are no other bugs reported in the next two
weeks, I will make this release Version 1.0.0. Therefore this release will
function as Release Candidate for 1.0.0.

ZBabel 2.0.0 alpha 4: This is mainly a bug release. There was a bad bug
which crashed the ZBabelTower, when the BABEL tag was used. I have some
reports of some other small issues in the ZBabelTower interface and I just
decided to add Tim McLaughlin patch to ZBabelObjects and therefore also
support his GlobalGetRequestPatch. It will not be required, but the
ZBabelObject will function much better this way. ;-) After these changes, I
will make beta releases closely followed by the full 2.0.0 version.

NOTE: The current alpha versions will require Zope 2.3.x, since Zope 2.4.0
changes some API calls and the product will break. While the fix is very
simple, I will wait with the port to Zope 2.4.x until I have released
ZBabel 2.0.0!

Regards,
Stephan

--