[Zope-PTK] Member properties

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 01 Aug 2000 14:50:46 +0100

Mike Standley wrote:
> I started digging into the code and followed it down to
> SearchIndex.UnTextIndex._apply_index and found that it calls
> intersection on the bucket and even has a note that says that it does an
> 'and' on the results.  Am I missing something, or is the How-To
> incorrect?

Wow, I never noticed that but perhaps that's so. Can anyone else comment
on this?

> > > Question 1:
<snip>

So basically you want to have properties attached to your user obejcts?
AFAIK, this is quite difficult to do right now, but there is a proposal
to change this:
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/BetterUserManagement

Someone else may be able to help you with how to do this right now...

> BTW. This is the first time I have ever tried posting questions to a
> mailing list so if there is a better place for me to ask these questions
> please let me know.

No, no, this is the right place.
Welcome to the community & keep the questions coming :-)
It helps us to understand Zope better by answerign questions and it
helps DC find problems that need to be solved more quickly.

cheers,

Chris