[Zope-PTK] Member properties

Mike Standley standley@asset.com
Tue, 01 Aug 2000 09:31:35 -0400

Thank you for your response.

I have now managed to get the Wizards working correctly.  It seems I had
the wrong url to the add method (as I said I am very new to Zope).  I am
now able to add new products and wizards to create them.

-- I am still struggling with adding personal properties for the users
(Question 1 below).  It seems like I should just add properties to the
LoginMember ZClass of the DemoPortal and then start assigning values to
them.  I can programmatically get all the properties that were
predefined but not the ones I added.

-- I was curios about another thing as well.  The Advanced ZCatalog
How-To says to use <dtml-in "Catalog(meta_type=['DTML
Method','ZCatalog'])"> to perform a search for Method or ZCatalog.
However when I tried to use this technique I would not get the expected
results.  For example:
	getSearchResults(meta_type='myType1')  --  returns 5 results
        getSearchResults(meta_type='myType2')  --  returns 3 results
        getSearchResults(meta_type=['myType1, 'myType2'])  -- returns 0
results

I started digging into the code and followed it down to
SearchIndex.UnTextIndex._apply_index and found that it calls
intersection on the bucket and even has a note that says that it does an
'and' on the results.  Am I missing something, or is the How-To
incorrect?

BTW. This is the first time I have ever tried posting questions to a
mailing list so if there is a better place for me to ask these questions
please let me know.

Thanks again for any help.
Mike Standley