[Zope-PTK] User accounts?

Ray Van Dolson lists@firetail.org
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 14:21:56 -0800 (PST)

I'm having some odd problems with the user account stuff in the 0.3pre
distribution of PTK.  (Should this even be working? I thought I'd ask
before labelling it as a bug).  Basically, I can log into my ZopeOrg site
just fine, and create a user... my password is emailed to me and I can
login just fine.  However, when I attempt to create something using the
included wizards (I've been trying to get NewsItem to work) after clicking
on the final "Next" an authentication box pops up (the same as if you were
logging into the /manage folder).  I find this odd since am I not already
logged in?  Anyways, often times simply using my username and password for
the site don't work (although it has worked a few times).  Most often I
have to resort to typing in the superuser login and password.  In either
case though, a huge error pops up immediately after hitting ok and informs
me that I am "Not authorized to access NewsItem."  I've looked in the
Products folder under ZopeOrg and tried playing around with the
permissions, but I obviously don't understand what I'm doing there very
well.  So, if anyone can help me, what am I doing wrong?  I want to be
able to let users add content to the page using this system without giving
them access to /manage for a particular folder (not every user knows the
Zope interface).

Ray Van Dolson