[Zope-PTK] PROPOSAL: A Confidence Mechanism in UserRoleManagement

Chip Vanek chip@upcast.com
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 15:07:23 -0800

Hey, That description really helped!  How did you know my mind
needs examples from childhood.  Thanks for the clear mental
map.

>> >This is simply a technical restriction of the current system.
>> >If you use
>> >PKI-style client certificates then you already do share
>"credentials,"
>> >however there is a pretty heavy cost to doing so.
>> >

>> It is cost of using ful scale PKI that I am trying to avoid.  I spend
>> 3 years fighting to get a full PKI infrastructure in place inside
>> Hewlett-Packard and still feel the scars.  They now have over 50k
>> certificates and a CA linked to a master directory or all 125k users
>> but, I no longer have any love for a corporate IT job.
>
>AHA! So _YOU'RE_ the one to blame!! ;^)

Sorry ;(  We all need work.  I have matured since then...

Best,

Chip