[Zope-PTK] FYI: Issue tracking

Brian Lenihan brianl@real.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 23:47:48 -0800

I have to say I beg to differ.   Part of the open source model is to
release early and often.  I personally don't care if early releases are
incomplete or buggy, I just want to see if there is something there which
interests me enough do something about helping to make it work in my mostly
non-existent spare time.

As for documentation, python tends to be self-documenting. One could argue
that Zope is an exception to this rule, but then one would have to be
somewhat lazy to do so.

There has been plenty if interest expressed in getting access to the
various iterations of DC's problem tracking code.  How is the Zope
community going to scratch that itch unless you make the code accessible ?

I'll bet you cash money the tracker will be ready for general use quicker
if you just throw it out and see what happens.