[Zope-PTK] No access to created portal

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 12:22:59 +0100

Massimo Ferrario wrote:

> At 12.41 26/07/2000 +0200, you wrote:
> >Dear CoZopists,
> >After having gone through the (seems) classical "underscore Error" just
> >after the installation of the PTK i am now finally able to create a portal.
> >but if i want to manage it just after creation no useraccount is allowed to
> >access (not even superuser)
> >
> >my configuration is:
> >readhat 6.2
> >Zope 2.2 (through Apache rewrite)
> >PTK 0.7.1
> >Mysql
> I am using a very similar setup (the big difference is running on W2000, a
> minor one I use Apache to proxy the requests to the Zope server running on
> port 8080) and had the same problems.
>
> BUT I succeeded to open the Portal object in the navigation (left) menu
> with the portal admin account, and could administer the 'contained' objects.
>
> I confirm that it is not possible to select the portal object  in the right
> frame to access its properties or whatever.
>
> Does anyone know if it is a bug or a feature?

PTK 0.7.1 is really old. Practically megalithic :-)

It is certainly not meant to work with 2.2.

Try your luck with the CVS version of PTK if you want it to work with
2.2. You might have to be careful with what version of LoginManager or
Membership or ZPatterns or whatever you use it with, though. Shane
recently checked in some changes that should make PTK independent from
LoginManager, and therefore ZPatterns. Bill Anderson said something just
the other day about updating Membership to work with the latest
ZPatterns.

PTK isn't quite ready for casual users yet :-/

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer