[Zope-PTK] Re: [PTK(94)[1] request] Changing document views hard

Dan L. Pierson dan@sol.control.com
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 16:42:36 -0400 (EDT)

Kevin Dangoor writes:
 > > One solution might be to copy the default dtml files into the new portal
 > at installation time where they could then be edited in the same way as
 > other pieces of default content.
 >
 > I've been anxiously awaiting ZPatterns 0.4.0, because I think that will make
 > an excellent basis for PortalContent. PortalContent would use the DataSkins
 > feature to allow for the kind of customization you're talking about. The
 > Customizer objects would figure out what to do with new content and provide
 > display routines. (I think the existing "Portal" object could basically just
 > become a Customizer which would be more flexible).

Might work however, Tres' idea of making content types ZClasses might
be better for the projected PTK customers.  Messing with DataSkins
might be deeper magic than they'd want to get into, at least until
XClasses get a lot closer to 1.0 and pick up a lot of UI gloss.

Dan Pierson