[Zope-PTK] Getting it all to work ;-)

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 16:27:32 +0100

Kevin Dangoor wrote:
> It *is* generically usable, but I think it needs its tires kicked a little
> more and some more UI stuff added before it should become a part of Zope.
> When you can trivially use it in place of a UserFolder, then it should
> probably replace UserFolder, IMHO.

Hmm, the quickest way to do this would be to put it in Zope as the only
way of doing Login type stuff, that doesn't mean it's the best ;-)

> > Hmm, well, can you email me a copy and I'll check it in on your behalf.
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/tazzzzz/PTK

Got it, going to test it in a minute...

> > What didn't work with CVS? It was quite hairy but I have got it working
> > and I'd like to help :-)
>
> Basically, it complains that my passphrase is incorrect. I'm *sure* I'm
> using the right passphrase, and we're pretty sure that my key is set up
> correctly...

Hmmm, I guess I'm just a 'bad boy': no passphrase; I don't see the
point, if you're going to have a passphrase, don't bother with a key at
all and just do it on passwords...

(Chris waits while DC boot him out of the PTK CVS ;-)

> I've stuck a complete snapshot in that location above. I called it a
> "convenience release". In theory, you can install a fresh Zope, untar this
> package, and you've got the PTK. I added the caveat that there are lots of
> bugs and that you shouldn't use it for anything but trying to add features
> and track down bugs.

Sounds good :-)

> Membership is basically the result of me pulling the UI methods out of PTK
> for Membership. So, you can do membership sorts of things without the rest
> of PTK. (It basically just sets up a LoginManager with a functional
> UserSource and the UI stuff.)

Really showing my ignorance, by what are the 'membership things' you
mention?

cheers,

Chris