[Zope-PTK] Adding Discussion threads to the PTK?

Chip Vanek chip@upcast.com
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 11:38:26 -0800

Hi,

What is the best way to add discussion threading to the PTK?

I had looked at the ZDiscussions product a month ago and it
looked promising but incomplete.  Is this the right base to
work off?  I am also interested in the ZTopic product that
Paul had talked about and want to ensure that we are using
the right base to enable Topics and Discussions to fully
integrate.

If ZDiscussion is the right base then I have an initial problem.
On both of my PTK installations I get erros while trying to
load the sample .zexp file (ZDiscussion.zexp).  The trace is
included below.  Has anyone installed and used ZDiscussion?

Best,

Chip Vanek
chip@upcast.com

  The object <EM>ZDiscussions</EM> does not support this operation

<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
  File C:\jp\DEMO\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 214, in
publish_module
  File C:\jp\DEMO\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 179, in publish
  File C:\jp\DEMO\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 202, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File C:\jp\DEMO\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 165, in publish
  File C:\jp\DEMO\lib\python\ZPublisher\mapply.py, line 160, in mapply
    (Object: manage_importObject)
  File C:\jp\DEMO\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 102, in call_object
    (Object: manage_importObject)
  File C:\jp\DEMO\lib\python\OFS\ObjectManager.py, line 479, in
manage_importObject
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File C:\jp\DEMO\lib\python\OFS\CopySupport.py, line 374, in
_verifyObjectPaste
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
Copy Error: (see above)

-->