[Zope-PTK] Adding Discussion threads to the PTK?

Mike Pelletier mike@digicool.com
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 13:53:49 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Chip Vanek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the best way to add discussion threading to the PTK?

    There is not yet an officially blessed discussion system for the PTK.
I have some work based on this list's discussion about PTK discussions.
If you can hold on `till next week, you can guinea-pig what I'm working
on.

> I had looked at the ZDiscussions product a month ago and it
> looked promising but incomplete.  Is this the right base to
> work off?  I am also interested in the ZTopic product that
> Paul had talked about and want to ensure that we are using
> the right base to enable Topics and Discussions to fully
> integrate.

    This will be available (though not necessarily in a form that will
allow naive users to create them) shortly, check the CVS in the morning.

> If ZDiscussion is the right base then I have an initial problem.
> On both of my PTK installations I get erros while trying to
> load the sample .zexp file (ZDiscussion.zexp).  The trace is
> included below.  Has anyone installed and used ZDiscussion?

    I hate to make such an obvious suggestion, but are you sure that
importing it into the right place?  That message often means you're
trying to import it someplace other than /Control_Panel/Products.  I'm not
optimistic that's what's happening, but it's all that occurs to me just
now.

Mike.

--
Mike Pelletier                          email: mike@digicool.com
Mild mannered software developer          icq: 7127228