[Zope-PTK] Adding Discussion threads to the PTK?

Chip Vanek chip@upcast.com
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 13:18:29 -0800

I am happy to be a guinea-pig.  I am busy until Friday morning
anyway.  Will this official discussion system be ZDiscussion based?

>> I had looked at the ZDiscussions product a month ago and it
>> looked promising but incomplete.  Is this the right base to
>> work off?  I am also interested in the ZTopic product that
>> Paul had talked about and want to ensure that we are using
>> the right base to enable Topics and Discussions to fully
>> integrate.
>
>    This will be available (though not necessarily in a form that will
>allow naive users to create them) shortly, check the CVS in
>the morning.

I will check on the CVS in the morning and see if I can understand it.
Every week gets me closer to that magic line that divides naive from Zen.

>> If ZDiscussion is the right base then I have an initial problem.
>> On both of my PTK installations I get erros while trying to
>> load the sample .zexp file (ZDiscussion.zexp).  The trace is
>> included below.  Has anyone installed and used ZDiscussion?
>
>    I hate to make such an obvious suggestion, but are you sure that
>importing it into the right place?  That message often means you're
>trying to import it someplace other than
>/Control_Panel/Products.  I'm not
>optimistic that's what's happening, but it's all that occurs to me just
>now.

You are correct Sir!  I did the stupid thing and just assumed the .zexp
file was an example of how to use the ZDisc product rather then the ZClass
stubs.  Sorry for the stupid questionb.

Chip