[Zope-PTK] user property sheet status

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Mon, 15 May 2000 21:12:17 +0100

Adrian Esteban Madrid wrote:

> Is it possible to add more properties into the members like address, company,
> etc.?

Yes. The member classes that come with the PTK have some propertysheet
support.
The one to alter depends whether you used LoginManager support when
creating your folder.

If you didn't use LoginManager, and you opted for a ZODB userfolder, you
can add propertysheets to DemoPortal/Portal/methods/ZODBMemberFolder.
You can also add a view for your propertysheet.
The values in the propertysheet will be available from DTML.

> I'm asking you this because I don't think my Zen is up to the task you
> mention (need to learn a lot more on ZClasses)

What I described previously doesn't use ZClasses at all -- it is all in
Python. Whereas, the above modification just uses ZClasses.

Boring warning advice -- PTK is in a state of flux, and altering
DemoPortal is not the best way to go for longer-term development on a
PTK project.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer