[Zope-PTK] Problem with LoginManager 8.5 and patched PTK

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Fri, 26 May 2000 20:57:38 +0100

I've got Dan's patched PTKDemo product running.

(Sorry I missed your deadline for looking into stuff Dan...)

I've come across a problem related to traversal.

When a logged-in user of a Portal presses the "New..." button on the
MyStuff desktop page, the following URL gets called from that page's
form:

  http://server.tld/..../portaldir/Members/username/Wizards

This is meant to request the /portaldir/Wizards URL, that will in turn
display /portaldir/Wizards/index_html, to give the list of available
wizards.

The problem is that, while a logged in user can view
portaldir/Wizards/index_html typed in as a URL into the browser, Zope
throws up a challenge-response dialog when that URL is acquired via
portaldir/Members/username/Wizards

I can get the wizards page to appead if I authenticate as an
overall-entire-zope manager.
If I cancel the dialog, I get the following error:

  Zope Error

  Unauthorized

  You are not authorized to access this resource.

  No Authorization header found.

  Traceback (innermost last):
File /usr/local/zope/ZwopitZope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
214, in publish_module
File /usr/local/zope/ZwopitZope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
179, in publish
File /usr/local/zope/ZwopitZope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
151, in publish
File /usr/local/zope/ZwopitZope/lib/python/ZPublisher/BaseRequest.py,
line 451, in traverse
File /usr/local/zope/ZwopitZope/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py,
line 551, in unauthorized

Unauthorized: (see above)

I'm playing with bits of Zope source I've never touched before :-) to
try and see what is going on. I'm just hoping this might spark off some
insight in a LoginManager guru.

Are there any LoginManager instance settings I should be telling you
about?

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer