[Zope-PTK] Membership Roster

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 08:10:09 -0500

"J. Michael Mc Kay" wrote:

> I just installed the current PTK .9.  After installing I went to the roster
> by clicking members.  Roster revealed my member link as expected, but if I
> click on that link, instead of getting the "this page was created when your
> member area was", I get a resource not found error.
>
> This looks odd to me, remember I am new to PTK.
>
> I have logged in as the guy who was setup during set-up.
> Lets say I get here:
> http://www.virginiaweb.com:11080/portals/musicians/Members/ after logging in
> and clicking members.  Now if I click my members name in the roster I end up
> here with the error:
> http://www.virginiaweb.com:11080/portals/musicians/Members/JMichael
> "Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.
>
> Resource not found"
>
> So I check the url by clicking "my stuff" and get here:
> http://www.virginiaweb.com:11080/portals/musicians/Members/JMichael/portal_c
> ontents
>
> This appears right and I click the index_html member front page and end up
> here:
> http://www.virginiaweb.com:11080/portals/musicians/Members/JMichael/index_ht
> ml/index_html
>
> This is the page I believe I should be going to when I click a member name
> from the roster.  Notice the two index objects in the url path?
> /JMichael/index_html/index_html (shouldn't this be
> /JMichael/portal_contents/index_html?)
>
> Back at the roster listing.  The member name JMichael links to object
> JMichael instead of /JMichael/index_html/index_html
>
> Why the two index references when there is only one in the member area? what
> happened to the object /portal_contents/
>
> Can I fix this somehow?
> Can anyone tell me how.

The 'Members' page should be listing just the member, with no
"index_html"
or "portal_contents" suffix.The 'JMichael' object should, when viewed
through
the web, display the 'index_html' document:  the document acts as the
"default
view" for the folder.  The 'portal_contents' method doesn't even exist
in a
0.9.0 portal;  did you perhaps upgrade from an earlier one?  It was
replaced
by 'folder_contents', which you should only be able to see if you have
an
additional permission ('Access contents information') on a given folder.