[Zope-PTK] Status shouldn't depend on Location

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 05 Sep 2000 17:07:23 +0100

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> This is debatable, but I believe it would be more sensible to
> physically move the object to a "published" area and leave its role to
> permission mappings alone.

I dunno if anyone has said this yet, and I know I'm late in replying but
I disagree.
Particularly for Swishdot, the content should stay where it is and it's
status should change rather than it's status a result of it's
location...

If you look at how Squishdot sites present articles (which I'd kindof
like to keep :S), they don't change their location depending on whether
they're reviewed or not.

I know munging the role to permission mappings sucks and I wish there
was a better way. The location think is elegant but a bit limiting
IMH(umble)O.

cheers,

Chris