[Zope-CMF] Skinning (translating) the actionbox

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@Digicool.com
Tue, 03 Apr 2001 10:55:52 -0400

On 4/3/01 9:54 AM, "Shane Hathaway" <shane@digicool.com> wrote:

> Hmm... I just took another look at ActionsTool and decided that maybe
> you're on to something after all.  I should not be so quick to dismiss
> ideas.  ActionsTool would not go away but would use a script to generate
> actions.  Community, what would you prefer: editing a short script or
> filling in properties?  The script idea is more flexible but requires more
> knowledge by the portal manager.
>
> Shane

I think it requires too much knowledge for a majority of the audience we
claim we want to target.  I agree with Chris Withers - maybe there should be
the option for both.  But I think the default should be property based.
Flexibility is a nice option, but at what usability cost?

Jeffrey P Shell, jeffrey@Digicool.com
http://www.digicool.com/ | http://www.zope.org