[Zope-CMF] Real newbie question

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
17 Apr 2001 18:13:08 +0200

On 17 Apr 2001 16:43:24 +0100, seb bacon wrote:
> The documentation is a little sparse still.  You'll have to expect to
> dive in at the python level, learn  more about Zope
> internals, etc.  Remember that the CMF portal supplied with the CMF is
> just a demonstration and you'll likely have to customize it
> significantly to fit your requirements.  To do this, you'll probably
> have to write some Products, subclass Tools from the CMFDefault, etc.
>
> I suggest getting your head round how the default workflow works first
> - create an account, create some content, then submit it for review.
> Then login again as a Manager and approve the content.  The presentation
> logic for the CMFDefault can be found in the skins directory.  Look
> there for examples of how to display various types of content
> according to your needs.  You'll see how the catalog is used
> extensively to return objects based on their visibility, which is in
> turn controlled by a workflow.
>
> Once you've seen how the presentation logic can be controlled, have a
> go at creating a new content type by following the PortalPoll product
> discussed in this list recently.
>
> Good luck...
>
> seb

So I have "surfed" around my CMF site ... not seing the bright light yet
:-)
I understand the Content Management part of it - you have some users
that add contents and some admins that publish its ...
But how do you add something to the menu for instance ?

Now I also followed to PortalPoll product and I actually made it :-)
I works - sort of. I can add a new PortalPoll product - but it doesn't
show up in the folder.

CMF looks fine on zope.org and on cmf.zope.org ... but here - it looks
like s... :-)

Gitte