[Zope-CMF] Real newbie question

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 17:54:12 +0100

* Gitte Wange <gitte@mmmanager.org> [010417 18:14]:

> So I have "surfed" around my CMF site ... not seing the bright light yet
> :-)
> I understand the Content Management part of it - you have some users
> that add contents and some admins that publish its ...
> But how do you add something to the menu for instance ?

Skins! Go to the skins/generic folder and look at how it's done in
standard_top_bar, for example.  Check out the skins tutorial.  Skins
are normal DTML Methods which are published dependent on users
cookies, etc.

> Now I also followed to PortalPoll product and I actually made it :-)
> I works - sort of. I can add a new PortalPoll product - but it doesn't
> show up in the folder.

are you sure you don't have a filter set on your folder (at the bottom
of the page)?

> CMF looks fine on zope.org and on cmf.zope.org ... but here - it looks
> like s... :-)

you can also play with the stylesheet, which has been abstracted into
stylesheet_properties.

seb.