[Zope-CMF] problem running migrate_ptk.py in CMF1.0

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:20:01 -0400

Lucas Hofman wrote:
> Anybody on the list who has experience with the migrate_ptk script
> distributed with CMF 1.0?

It does some rather complex things and it doesn't quite get everything
right yet.

> When I run it (after customizing for site specific content) it trundles
> a while, starts swapping (I think), but quite probable reaches the last
> item in the portal  and than crashes with the following error:
>
> Error Type: cPickle.PicklingError
> Error Value: Cannot pickle objects.

It's finishing the whole process but the ZODB can't commit because the
script copied an attribute that wasn't supposed to be copied.  My guess
is that it's copying an "id" method.

> The size of the portal to be converted is roughly 30 Mb when exported to
> .zexp format. Total Data.fs size is 62 MB, and the filesystem has about
> 250 Mb available. When looking (with top) when is migrates I do not see
> that it uses up all swap space, but I am not sure here.
>
> Looking at the script I do no see any subtransactions. Does that mean
> that the whole conversion runs as one big transaction?

Yes.  The script is only temporary (since its usefulness is so limited)
so it is not perfect.

I hope I can work on it today.

Shane