[Zope-CMF] trouble with Factory Based Type Information tool

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 17:12:42 -0400

marc lindahl wrote:

> I'm not understanding something, here, I think:
> My understanding of the FBTI is that you use it to 'wrap'
> Zope products for use in a portal.  Pursuant to that, I
> though I'd make a 'CascadingFolder' portal_type, based on
> the CascadingFolder product.  Should be simple enought, right?
>  But I can't get it to show up in a portal members 'Add...'
> types list.

I'm confused -- is this the ZMI's "Add..." dropdown?  Or the
list of content types in 'folder_factories'?  Normally, members
won't be able to see the ZMI, nor should they need to.

> Here's what I did, can someone see an error?
>
> 1. make new portal_type, based on portal_folder (actually,
>    tried it with '(none)' also, same results.  Call it
>    CascadingFolder.
>
> 2. in portal_type/CascadingFolder/properties, change:
>     Meta type to 'Cascading Folder' (to match meta_type
>     in Cascade.py),
>     Icon to 'cascade.gif' (just as in product),
>     Product name to 'CascadingFolder',
>     Factory method in product to 'addCascadingFolder'
>     (gleaned by inspecting addCascadingFolderForm.dtml).
>
> 3. in CascadingFolder product 'Define Permissions' change:
>    'Create class instances' to 'Add portal folders',
>     change 'Add CascadingFolders' to 'Add portal folders'.
>
> What's missing?

I looked for a CascadingFolder product on Zope.org, and didn't
see it -- can you give a URL?  Also, is this a filesystem-based
product, or a TTW one?  Your last step seems to imply a that
CascadingFolder is a ZClass, but the second step seems to say
that it is a filesystem product.

To diagnose, try getting to the ZMI of your CMFSite, as manager,
and edit the URL to show:

   .../CMFSite/manage_addProduct/Cascadingfolder/addCascadingFolder?id=foo

If that works, try again as a non-privileged member, using the
path to the member's "home" folder as the base.  If that works,
then the CMF is at fault;  please let us know.  If not, then you
need to configure your CMFSite to allow the "Owner" role the "Add
CascadingFolders" permission.