[Zope-CMF] trouble with Factory Based Type Information tool

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 18:33:18 -0400

> marc lindahl wrote:
>>
>> I'm not understanding something, here, I think:
>> My understanding of the FBTI is that you use it to 'wrap'
>> Zope products for use in a portal.  Pursuant to that, I
>> though I'd make a 'CascadingFolder' portal_type, based on
>> the CascadingFolder product.  Should be simple enought, right?
>> But I can't get it to show up in a portal members 'Add...'
>> types list.
>
> I'm confused -- is this the ZMI's "Add..." dropdown?  Or the
> list of content types in 'folder_factories'?  Normally, members
> won't be able to see the ZMI, nor should they need to.

Sorry, my bad... I meant 'New...' when a CMF portal member is viewing folder
contents, for example.

> I looked for a CascadingFolder product on Zope.org, and didn't
> see it -- can you give a URL?  Also, is this a filesystem-based

It's here: http://www.spoke.net/randy  - it hasn't been submitted on the
Zope site yet, Randy tells me.

> product, or a TTW one?  Your last step seems to imply a that
> CascadingFolder is a ZClass, but the second step seems to say
> that it is a filesystem product.

It's a filesystem product.

> To diagnose, try getting to the ZMI of your CMFSite, as manager,
> and edit the URL to show:
>
> .../CMFSite/manage_addProduct/Cascadingfolder/addCascadingFolder?id=foo
>
> If that works, try again as a non-privileged member, using the

It didn't work...  I get:
Site Error

AttributeError
Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.1/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
223, in publish_module
  File /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.1/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
187, in publish
  File /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.1/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 221, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
  File /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.1/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
162, in publish
  File /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.1/lib/python/ZPublisher/BaseRequest.py, line
340, in traverse
  File /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.1/lib/python/App/FactoryDispatcher.py, line
102, in __bobo_traverse__
  File /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.1/lib/python/App/Product.py, line 135, in
_product
    (Object: Traversable)
AttributeError: CascadingFolder

> path to the member's "home" folder as the base.  If that works,
> then the CMF is at fault;  please let us know.  If not, then you
> need to configure your CMFSite to allow the "Owner" role the "Add
> CascadingFolders" permission.

In the 'security' tab at the CMFSite root, I checked the box intersecting
'Add Cascading Folders' and 'Owner' -- no change.  All the while, I'm logged
in as the zope admin...