[Zope-CMF] M$ Files and M$ AUTH BOX?

Brian Sullivan brians@meetingbywire.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:43:55 -0500

> client has lots of microsoft files on CMF.  when someone
> clicks on a microsoft file, they are prompted with a
> authorization box. if they dont fill out the credentials and
> click None it goes away.  I only get this on microsoft files.
>  Anyone have any insight on whats going on? This quite
> annoying as it 'scares' my users.  and they dont currently
> have passwords (IT dept. is lagging behind on rolling people
> out on Active Directory).
>
> I dont want them to have to click NONE.  has anyone else seen
> this?  this does not happen on any other file besides M$
> files that are trying to be opened in the browser.

By "Microsoft" files I presume you mean Office files ( .doc, .ppt, and
the like?). These users have Office 2000 on their computers and are
using Internet Explorer?

I presume this is similar or the same as the problem discussed in
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q225234.

The solution is for the user to apply SR1 to his Office installation.