[Zope-PTK] migrating content

Lucas Hofman lucas.hofman@oslo.pgs.com
Thu, 04 Jan 2001 18:30:15 +0100

The install docs say the following about moving content from a PTK 0.7
portal to a PTK 0.9 portal:

  Existing instances of the sample content types (Document,
  File, Image, Link, NewsItem) must be "reseated" to
  fix up their class name in the ZODB.  To perform this
  operation, first update your PTK (see above), and then
  view the following URL::

    http://host.your.tld/path/to/portal/manage_migrate_contents

  This method recursively walks your portal, finding and
  replacing instances of the sample PTK content with
  instances whose class is in the new, "blessed" location.

I exported a few items from our production portal and imported them in
the checked-out-today-brand-new development portal. This used to
generate an error (see tracker item 133) but works fine now (thank you
Tres).

As far as I can see the items are viewable, searchable and editable. So
the question is: What is the use of the manage_migrate_contents method?

--
Lucas Hofman
PGS Seres                                        tel: +47 67514059