[Zope-CMF] How to work with topics?

Grégoire Weber gregoire.weber@switzerland.org
Wed, 04 Jul 2001 11:12:07 +0200

Hi Sedat,

sorry about the big delay, my inbox was so full that after a first read of
your e-mail I have overseen it later.

Topics appear in the New... object list under "My Stuff" if Members are
allowed to "Add portal topics". So you can achieve this by enabling the
"Add portal topics" for Members in the Security view of your CMF-Folder.

I would recommend to have a look at all permissions. There are a lot of CMF
related settings which allow you to 'customize' the behaviour of your CMF
instance.

Look also at my answer in the same thread:
http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/ptk-archive.nsf/46f09f5796214c13802568c1
00635ff2/3004e8e8627769cd80256a700066a1a3?OpenDocument

Greg

At 16:16 01.07.01 +0300, you wrote:

>  Hi Gregoire
>
>  I have seen your mails on the cmf-zope mailing list about CMF Topics. I
am having the very same problems. I did all that was written on
http://cmf.zope.org/doc/admin/AddingTopicsToTheBeta  Then I set the "Add
Toptal topic" for everybody  But then could not find where the "Add
content" screen is ?  If this is the "new" button then there is no item
"Topics" to check

>  For the message from Gitte There is no button/link/action to add topics
>
> ==== Gittes message
> All these portal types (portal content) should be "handled" from the=
 portal
> itself.
> Go to your CMF site and login (or join if you are not a member). Then=
 click
> on the "My Stuff" link and you will end up in your member folder. From
there
> you can add a topic and set it's criteria.
>         ^^^^^^^^^^^
> Regards,
> =====================
>
>  Could you share your experience