[Zope-CMF] Zope component model and CMF

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Thu, 05 Jul 2001 14:42:32 -0400

Here at DC a few of us have been working on a component model for Zope.
We have roughly defined what components should be like in Zope and have
written some documentation.  The next step is to update CMF to be fully
driven by the component model.

So I wrote up a document describing how I think CMF will change.  I am
seeking input from everyone involved in CMF.  Comments encouraged.

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/ApplyComponentModelToCMF

The new Zope component model is very similar to the current CMF model,
so the changes will be small compared with the move from PTK to CMF.
The major change is in the use of a new concept called "presentation
components" instead of disjoint scripts and methods in the skins tool.
Related scripts and methods will be grouped together to form a
presentation component.

Keep in mind that details may change next week when people get back from
vacation.  I hope everyone had a great 4th!  (Interpret according to
your nationality :-) )

Shane