[Zope-CMF] Duplicating NewsItem and custom CMF product.

Ulrich Eck lists@net-labs.de
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 11:31:53 +0200

> I'm endavouring to grok CMF, but it's a struggle.  I've got it halfway
> pinned down now, but suddenly, in a weak moment of mine, it escaped!
>
> First, I tried to make my own python CMF product; CMFTestProduct.
> This product provides the TestObject object and not much else.  I
> basically abused CMFCalendar beyond recognition.  Adding it is
> no problemo, but viewing is a different story.  I get:
>
>  Error Type: Not Found
>  Error Value: Cannot find default view for "/cmf_site/Members/user1/test_object2"
>
> What's the secret?

Did you provide the methods described in the factory_type_information in a
FilesystemDirectoryView within the portal_skins-tool and inserted your FDV
right after custom in the properties-tab of portal_skins??

> Second, I tried to mangle NewsItem.py in CMFDefault/.  I copied it to a
> file (in the same CMFDefault/ folder) named NewsItemErik.py.  Then I
> modified the skins, Portal.py and the content of NewsItemErik.py to
> reflect this change.  I created a new site and News Item Erik is now
> in the portal_types; great, nice, I like :).  I was kinda assuming to
> be able to see News Item Erik after clicking "New..." as a Member of
> the site, but uh-oh.  No-can-do.  After some sourcediving, I narrowed
> it down to this fellow:

You have do add a Type in the portal_types tool according to your Factory-info
(add Factory-based Type Information).

cheers

Ulrich Eck