[Zope-CMF] Re: [Zope-dev] ZEO-strangeness.

Erik Enge erik@thingamy.net
23 Jul 2001 15:22:42 +0200

[Chris Withers]

| I'm wondering if the CMF has been tested on a ZEO setup like this.

Ok, this is wired (or is it weired?  I've never quite been able to
remember...).

I think we've figure it out now.

The Filesystem Directory View sets the attribute self.filepath to a
normalized INSTANCE_HOME every time it's created.  This is stored on
the object in Data.fs.  On http://server (a Linux-box) this is:

        Products/CMFDefault/skins/generic et al.

but on http://localhost (a Windows workstation) it is:

        Products\CMFDefault\skins\generic et al.

Could this be the culprit?  I think so, because when we tried (or,
more correctly, when Tom tried) to delete the generic/ in portal_skins
from http://localhost and recreate it, http://server suddenly didn't
show any skins in generic/.  Ugh.