[Zope-CMF] Re: [Zope-dev] ZEO-strangeness.

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 15:23:26 +0100

* Erik Enge <erik@thingamy.net> [010723 14:29]:
> [Chris Withers]
>
> | I'm wondering if the CMF has been tested on a ZEO setup like this.
>
> Ok, this is wired (or is it weired?  I've never quite been able to
> remember...).
>
> I think we've figure it out now.
>
> The Filesystem Directory View sets the attribute self.filepath to a
> normalized INSTANCE_HOME every time it's created.  This is stored on
> the object in Data.fs.  On http://server (a Linux-box) this is:
>
>         Products/CMFDefault/skins/generic et al.
>
> but on http://localhost (a Windows workstation) it is:
>
>         Products\CMFDefault\skins\generic et al.
>
> Could this be the culprit?  I think so, because when we tried (or,
> more correctly, when Tom tried) to delete the generic/ in portal_skins
> from http://localhost and recreate it, http://server suddenly didn't
> show any skins in generic/.  Ugh.

The other thing worth investigating is incompatible line breaks
between OSs.  Filesystem Directory Views seem to be particularly
brittle w.r.t this.  I had exactly the same symptoms as you when
hosting something in win32 which used to be on Linux, and solved them
by converting all the line breaks.

seb