[Zope-CMF] CMFDecor troubles

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 13:57:41 +0100

> > > Rest assured that support for the DTML based skins won't go away; just
> my
> > > new look and feel changes are only going in ZPT.  Just consider it an
> > > additional skin.

Thanks! :-)

> Bugs I've found will be fixed in the DTML stylesheet
> as
> > > well.

I may have missed something (in which case please point me at RTFM), but
what bugs are they? The only one I've heard is someone suggesting there
should be no gaps/line-breaks in the style definitions, to stop Netscape
choking?

> Chris M and I spoke about quite awhile back about possible work arounds we
> might want to do for FrontPage due to the issues raised by Jon.

I think it would be a nice feature to have in the marketing literature!

If you do decide to pursue it, I feel duty-bound to offer to help, as I
suggested it! ;-)

> > AFAIK the biggest problem is that FP expects to find directories called:
> >
> > _vti_txt
> > _vti_script
> > _vti_pvt
> >
> > and etc.

It's ages since I played with Frontpage, but don't these only apply to the
"site-building" parts of Frontpage - the bits that create the nav structure,
hierarchical diagrams, etc?

Isn't it possible to just use the WYSIWYG html-editor on a single page -
which is what you'd be doing, I think, when you work with ZPT? I'll have a
dig round and see what I can find.

Cheers, Jon