[Zope-CMF] case sensitive usernames?

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 16:13:39 -0400

Is it me or is this list getting too sarcastic?

I mention it only having recalled reading this somewhere in a usability
guideline (let me try to dig up the reference), and having a couple of new
users complain to me that login was broken (when it turned out they forgot
that they had, for example, capitalized the first letter when signing up).

Also, I'm looking at a future where something like Blark or CMFWiki or a
workflow might have as an option email reminders, where the email addressing
would be integrated with the acl_user names.  Since, I believe, most mailers
ignore case, this would then present a problem if you had multiple users
distinguished only by their casing.