[Zope-CMF] portal_metadata NameError (actual CVS version)

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 08:52:06 -0400

Grégoire Weber wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I encounter an error when I want to change the index_html's meta data (see
> below). Due to the error it is even not possible to add a new Document.
>
> Do I do something wrong or is it a bug?
>
> I'am working with the most actual CVS version of CMF (Fri 1 of june 11:49
> W. Europe Daylight Zone) on a NT4SP6us machine using Zope 2.3.2. The CMF
> install is new and clean.
>
> Contact me if you need additional informations.
>
> Greetings, Greg

> ERROR:
>
> Zope Error
> Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.
>
> Error Type: NameError
> Error Value: portal_metadata

Gregoire,

We have added a couply of new "tools" (Jim would say, "services"):

   - 'portal_metadata' allows the site manager to configure site
     policies about metadata (e.g., whether and element is required,
     what the allowable values are, etc.)

   - 'portal_syndication' allows configuratoin of policies for
     "outbound" syndication (whether others area allowed to ask
     for RSS);  "inbound" stuff will be in the next release.

The 'metadata_edit_form' now expects to be able to find the tool
in order to ask it for a list of allowed 'Subject' values.  You can
remedy this by adding a 'CMFDefault Tool' in the portal root.

Sorry for the glitch!

Tres.