[Zope-CMF] Anonymous submissions -- Some advice?

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 12:18:19 +0100

* Ricardo Newbery <newbery@dvgroup.com> [010605 09:40]:
> 1) Before I go any deeper, are there any obvious problems with this
> proposed workflow?  Is there an easier way I'm missing?

Sounds right to me

> 2) It is unclear to me exactly where to insert the 'id' generating
> code.  I'm guessing that I might need to have the first form submit
> its data to a 'generate_id' skin which would then call the
> 'invokeFactory' method.  I believe this method then returns the skin
> defined for that object type (I'll define a special file type for
> this purpose).  Does this sound right?  And how exactly should I call
> the 'invokeFactory' method from the skin?

Sounds right to me, again :-) See folder_factories for the code.
>From a PythonScript, you could call invokeFactory(cooked_id,type_name).

> 2) How do I tell the skin to use the 'public' folder when uploading
> the file and assign the correct ownership?

invokeFactory is a method on a PortalFolder, so you can call it
on a folder, e.g. public.invokeFactory(id, type_name).
You can change ownership with the AccessControl
method changeOwnership, e.g. ob.changeOwnership(user).

> 3) I would like to save the submitted email address as metadata for
> this file.  How do I define additional metadata fields for this
> object?  Remember, I'm a Zope/CMF newbie.  ;-)

You could use an existing field, e.g. Contributors; or you could
extend the CMFDefault DublinCore - just copy the code for
'Description', or similar.

> 4) The confirmation emails will have a special return address for
> file.  I'm currently looking at POP Mail Zope Product for ideas here.
> Any suggestions are appreciated.

You could look at ZMailIn.

  http://www.zope.org/Members/NIP/ZMailIn

hth,