[Zope-CMF] Anonymous submissions -- Some advice?

Ricardo Newbery newbery@dvgroup.com
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 01:35:51 -0700

I'm still feeling my way around CMF and learning new tricks every
day.  There's nothing like a real project and a deadline to give you
some motivation.

Anyway, I would like to create a special skin to facilitate a
semi-anonymous submission of certain file objects and I could use
some advice.

The proposed workflow...

1) A special 'user' is predefined and given the Member role.  Let
name the user, 'public'.

2) An anonymous user visits a page similar to the 'folder_factories'
skin but with only two inputs: a dropdown select list of county names
and a text input field for the user's email address.

3) After submitting this form, the email address is validated and the
object 'id' would be generated from the county name and a timestamp,
then an upload form is presented similar to the 'file_edit_form' skin.

4) Uploaded files would be deposited within the 'public' member
folder and owned by 'public' and automatically submitted for review.

5) After successfully uploading a file, a confirmation message is
sent to the submitted email address and a list of contact addresses
maintained in a TinyTable file.

Okay, now for the questions...

1) Before I go any deeper, are there any obvious problems with this
proposed workflow?  Is there an easier way I'm missing?

2) It is unclear to me exactly where to insert the 'id' generating
code.  I'm guessing that I might need to have the first form submit
its data to a 'generate_id' skin which would then call the
'invokeFactory' method.  I believe this method then returns the skin
defined for that object type (I'll define a special file type for
this purpose).  Does this sound right?  And how exactly should I call
the 'invokeFactory' method from the skin?

2) How do I tell the skin to use the 'public' folder when uploading
the file and assign the correct ownership?

3) I would like to save the submitted email address as metadata for
this file.  How do I define additional metadata fields for this
object?  Remember, I'm a Zope/CMF newbie.  ;-)

4) The confirmation emails will have a special return address for
file.  I'm currently looking at POP Mail Zope Product for ideas here.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

TIA,
Ricardo Newbery
newbery@dvgroup.com