[Zope-CMF] List of subject/metadata sets?

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 15:02:53 +0100

A couple of thoughts on your thoughts! :-)

1. You wouldn't need to import the whole structure, just the branch you
wanted (e.g. my sites are mainly for doctors, so the Health branch of the
tree would be all I need), though I think you would have to download the
whole file to get the bits you want... but only once? There is a python
project called Oedipus that lets you import links from dmoz, but last time I
looked it said its Zope support wasnt working yet -
http://oedipus.sourceforge.net/

2. Your list of subjects could perhaps be a flat list (e.g. "Health",
"Health - Medicine", "Health - Medicine - Brain Surgery", "Health -
Medicine - Diabetes"), then you could use Topics/Subtopics queries or
Catalog Queries to do the displaying for the end-user?

Going off at a tangent, does anyone ever get the feeling that you maybe need
two portal_catalogs? One for end-user searching, topics, etc. and one for
the internals, composite-docs and that sort of stuff?

Cheers, Jon